The mission of the Family Justice Center is to provide victims of domestic violence with a single location to access advocacy and other services necessary to build a future of choice, safety and opportunity. We do this by:
- Providing a coordinated, comprehensive approach to family violence
- Helping to provide safety for victims and their children
- Working to end the cycle of violence in families
- Improving the criminal justice system’s response to family violence
ABOUT THE KNOXVILLE FAMILY JUSTICE CENTER:
- Founded in 2006, the Knoxville FJC is one of 15 Presidential Family Justice Centers in the country funded through the Office on Violence Against Women, Office of Justice Programs, United States Dept. of Justice.
- In the first year, the Knoxville FJC served 1,257 victims of domestic violence.
- More than 60 governmental, non-profit, and medical agencies collaborate to provide a coordinated response for victims of family violence.
- Prior to the opening of the Knoxville FJC, domestic violence services were in 20 separate locations, now there is one place to call, one place to go.